Qatayef is a very famous Egyptian dessert mostly & very commonly eaten during Ramadhan by the Arabs. It is a sweet dumpling almost same as the pancakes but differs by the fact that qatayef are cooked only from one side.
I made this delicious dessert for the first time and it’s so easy to make them. You’ll literally enjoy for how the whole cooking method reaches to success!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbs corn starch
½ cup semolina
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbs orange blossom water (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cup warm water
200g unsalted cream cheese
6 tbs thick cream
2-4 tbs icing sugar
1 cup crushed walnuts
1 tbs icing sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Put all the ingredients in a blender. And give it a speedy stir until combined
- Look at the consistency; you need a runny paste.
- Now heat the non-stick pan and pour the smallest of your measuring cup in the pan. spread the batter with the back of the measuring cup making round movements.
- Cook individual qatayef until you find the upper side is being died or if the bubbles have formed.
- When you were cooking all those qatayefs you need to make the fillings along. Just mix the cream filling ingredients with a fork. So that you can make a fine paste of Cream Cheese. You can use Kiri or cream cheese range of Almarai.
- For making the walnuts filling it’s same! Just mix the ingredients of this filling and put them aside.
- Now As we were done with making the qatayef. Its time to fill them with the fillings which suits you the best. I LIKE THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING so I’m going with it.
- Put a small part of the filling in the qatayef, on the uncooked side. Seal them with the help of your fingers; by pressing the sides of the qatayef.
- Now heat the oil. And deep fry your qatayefs on medium heat so that you would get a golden brown colour with a crispy crust.
- Pour the sugar syrup you had on room temperature. Or use condensed milk instead.
Enjoy the sweet blend of cream cheese with coffee or tea.
Try making Qatayefs this Eid! ♦
Don’t waste the left overs, instead make yummy nummy (My youngest cousin use to say nummy he is only 2 years old :p ) dishes of them.
Today I’ve got a really handy and delicious recipe for you guys!
So, are you ready?
فلنبدأ /lets go!
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup grated mozzarella (any type of cheese)
1 tsp salt
A few green chillies
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 chicken stock
1/2 tsp red chillies
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Add all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix them well with hands. Try wearing gloves to prevent the eggs to leave that bad smell in your hands.
Make ball type shape by pressing the rice with your hands.
Take 3 slices of bread. Grind them in your daily use blender. And here you go for the perfect bread crumbs.
Now pre heat the oil in your pan and roll you rice balls into whisked egg and then coat them with crumbs. And dry on medium heat till golden brown
Today I tried this super awesome cupcake recipe. It’s so easy to make as well as to eat :p
This is literally made for beginners like me and those of you who have never tried baking for fun. So, here you go for the simplest and perfect recipe of vanilla cupcakes. Yummm!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
3 medium eggs, at room temp
2/3 cup OR 155 gm sugar
6 ounces OR 12 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
Before you start to do anything. Lets start the oven on 200°C or ( 400°F )
You need to take two medium bowls. In the first one add the dry ingredients; flour, salt and baking powder. Now wisk it to combine them up. As I find it way more easier than going for a dusting method.
In the other bowl, add the eggs. If you’re available with the refrigerated eggs due to which they are cold enough, no problem at all. Just take a small bowl and add the hot water from your geezer (make it sure that it’s not too hot or boiling: else it will cook the eggs). Beat them for 30 seconds and add sugar, again beat them gradually from lowest of your beater’s speed to the highest. While beating them for 2 minutes add the butter and vanilla essence along. Still beat and beat for another 2 minutes.
Hope you’re done with beating 🙂
now! It’s time to add the dry ingredients which you put aside before.Add them little by little.Pour milk if the consistency reduces to a dough type texture. The real consistency you need is a creamy one. Don’t forget to beat it well for a minute.
When you were doing this just call you younger siblings to do the tray set up. Grease the paper cases, and put them in the cupcake tray and add the batter to the half. Because it will need enough space to rise.
This is how they looked like; while baking in the oven for 5 minutes.
You’ll get it completely done by almost 15 to 20 minutes!
Happy Baking this Eid!
This quick tea time recipe is so easy to make; as well as easy to eat 😛
Bread 3 slices (cut in halves, so it will make 6 pieces)
Chicken as desired
Capsicum a few
Tomato 2-3 small sized
Mozzarella 1 small block.
Green chilli chopped up
Salt to sprinkle
Thyme to sprinkle
Oil 1 tsp
Vinegar 1/2 tsp
Firstly, you need to cut the chicken into small cubes, then fry it in oil with vinegar and a pinch of salt. You can also replace chick with Nuggets or Chunks. Until then, chop the other veges into desired shapes. I prefer julienne cutting.
Now grab your baking tray and grease it with butter, before putting the slices in the tray; spread a very thin layer of some butter on the bread slices. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on the butter bread slices, add your veges & chicki on. And in the end put the sliced OR grated cheese. As a final touch sprinkle some more salt & a bit of thyme.
Bake it in a pre-heated oven of about 180 degrees. Until the cheese melts.
Serve hot with ketchup or mayo garlic sauce.