Qatayef is a very famous Egyptian dessert mostly & very commonly eaten during Ramadhan by the Arabs. It is a sweet dumpling almost same as the pancakes but differs by the fact that qatayef are cooked only from one side.
I made this delicious dessert for the first time and it’s so easy to make them. You’ll literally enjoy for how the whole cooking method reaches to success!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbs corn starch
½ cup semolina
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp instant yeast
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbs orange blossom water (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ½ cup warm water
200g unsalted cream cheese
6 tbs thick cream
2-4 tbs icing sugar
1 cup crushed walnuts
1 tbs icing sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Put all the ingredients in a blender. And give it a speedy stir until combined
- Look at the consistency; you need a runny paste.
- Now heat the non-stick pan and pour the smallest of your measuring cup in the pan. spread the batter with the back of the measuring cup making round movements.
- Cook individual qatayef until you find the upper side is being died or if the bubbles have formed.
- When you were cooking all those qatayefs you need to make the fillings along. Just mix the cream filling ingredients with a fork. So that you can make a fine paste of Cream Cheese. You can use Kiri or cream cheese range of Almarai.
- For making the walnuts filling it’s same! Just mix the ingredients of this filling and put them aside.
- Now As we were done with making the qatayef. Its time to fill them with the fillings which suits you the best. I LIKE THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING so I’m going with it.
- Put a small part of the filling in the qatayef, on the uncooked side. Seal them with the help of your fingers; by pressing the sides of the qatayef.
- Now heat the oil. And deep fry your qatayefs on medium heat so that you would get a golden brown colour with a crispy crust.
- Pour the sugar syrup you had on room temperature. Or use condensed milk instead.
Enjoy the sweet blend of cream cheese with coffee or tea.
Try making Qatayefs this Eid! ♦